OptoForce has announced their updated Six Axis Force/Torque Sensor (HEX-E, HEX-H)
• Each sensor will get increased overload protection - instead of having an overload capacity of two times, the sensors will now be strengthened to five times overload.
• New integrated (built-in) sensor mounting plates are being added now making the product compatible with ABB. (The sensors have been and are fully compatible for Universal Robots and KUKA robots).
• In addition, they are also introducing a new compute box. This new platform allows for full compatibility with all robot types. With the compute box capability, computing capacity will be higher.
• A new stronger cable clamp (90 degrees) has been added to improve the durability of the cable, further decreasing the chance of it breaking.
• Calibration was developed to advance sensor precision.
• The hardware design was modified so that during sensor mounting, the axes of the sensor and the axes of the robot overlaps.